It has been a strange and complicated year, to say the least, and our usual festivities may be a little different too, but why not take this year to re-think how we gift. Opting for more eco-friendly products is our goal this year, putting the planet first is easier than ever with so many great brands coming up with innovative ideas in making sustainable items that you will love giving.
1) Yes, we all know SPF is a must in summer, but don’t lather yourself (or your loved ones) with just any old product. Seed & Sprout have a nourishing and environmentally friendly option, with SPF50+, this little pot of love is free from dehydrating chemicals, free from plastic and completely reef safe. It is a no brainer really.
2) As 2021 is looming, we all know that getting back into our best exercise routines is always top of the old resolution list, so why not make it a little easier for someone with Meraki Mats.
These stunning yoga mats are made from 100% natural cork the outer layer of the Cork Oak tree which means there is no need to cut any trees down to harvest this material sustainably - downward dog here we come.
3) You simply can’t go wrong with a good tote bag and Thrills have created a classic. As part of their most recent unbleached campaign, this everyday bag is made from recycled raw cotton from leftover material, meaning each product is naturally individual. This is the ideal unisex gift that will be used forever.
4) Why not give the gift of hydration this year? Or at least a good wine disguise. Beysis have launched their latest insulated bottle that keeps any liquid cold for 24 hours, or warm for 12. Add a special touch with their personalisation feature, add someone’s initials or nickname, not only is this a durable gift, it cuts down on the consumption of single-use plastic bottles and is BPA free. A real allrounder, this is a great option for anyone and everyone on your list this year.
5) Nudey nude, the colour of the season and as we have all become semi-pro manicurists over lockdown why not try the delicious set of colours from Kester Black. We are opting for the Buttercream, a natural yet on-point shade. Kester Black uses only organic ingredients, this nail polish does not contain those scary toxic chemicals, meaning it is better not only for the environment but also for the health of your nails!
6) Looking for a new esky? Look no further, Pellibag’s chill homie is a game-changer. Not only is it a great size it is also made from jute and canvas meaning it is light-weight. No more lugging about a big bulky plastic box to the beach, you can fill this with your favourite snacks and beverages to the brim! To top it off, Pellibag has collaborated with Ocean Crusaders, for every single purchase, they facilitate an ocean clean of 26m2 in their contribution to reducing waste along the Australian coast by 2050, so it’s undoubtedly a win-win.
7) Nico is a fond favourite in the madness that can be the underwear world. Keeping things simple, elegant and also sexy, their use of sustainable and long-lasting materials make for some kickass garments. Combining plant-dyed organic cotton, Tencel Modal (which is made from Aussie Beachwood trees) and recycled cotton, they have nailed this mix of materials that feel both luxurious and comfortable. Check out their carefully selected gift sets to give the perfect combo of all things undies!
8) Last but not least, our latest swim and loungewear collections are both eco-friendly! Our swim collection, Renacida is perfect for long summer days at the beach, while IIXIIST Loungewear is ideal for sitting by the fireplace. So, no matter where in the world you are this holiday season, we have you covered. Without compromising on quality or style, every single piece has been produced responsibly while using recycled materials.